Are you interested in serving your community?
Are you interested in the fire service and emergency rescue?
Humboldt Bay Fire will train you to be a Volunteer Firefighter!
· California State Fire Marshal- Firefighter I academy and certification
· Live Fire Rescue Training when available
· Emergency Medical Training and certification
· Must live within 30 minutes of an HBF Station
· Must be at least 18 years old
· Must be physically fit
· Interview Board
· Physical Ability Test
· Criminal Record Check
· Background Check
· Medical Exam
· Recruit Academy
Once you become a Volunteer Firefighter:
· All volunteer firefighters are required to meet two Tuesday evenings per month from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m.
· All volunteer firefighters must meet the monthly ride-along requirements of 24 hours or more on an engine company
· All volunteer firefighters must attend 4 to 6 drills scheduled the 2nd and 4th Tuesday nights of each month.
· All volunteer firefighters must complete 20 hours of training and respond to a minimum of 15% of fire calls per quarter.
· Most importantly… After Humboldt Bay Fire makes an investment in you, commit to at least two years of service to Humboldt Bay Fire and earn employee preference points towards a professional firefighter career.