Are you interested in serving your community?
Are you interested in the fire service and emergency rescue?
Humboldt Bay Fire will train you to be a Volunteer Firefighter!
· California State Fire Marshal- Firefighter I academy and certification
· Live Fire Rescue Training when available
· Emergency Medical Training and certification
· Must live within 30 minutes of an HBF Station
· Must be at least 18 years old
· Must be physically fit
· Interview Board
· Physical Ability Test
· Criminal Record Check
· Background Check
· Medical Exam
· Recruit Academy
Once you become a Volunteer Firefighter:
· All volunteer firefighters are required to meet two Tuesday evenings per month from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m.
· All volunteer firefighters must meet the monthly ride-along requirements of 24 hours or more on an engine company
· All volunteer firefighters must attend 4 to 6 drills scheduled the 2nd and 4th Tuesday nights of each month.
· All volunteer firefighters must complete 20 hours of training and respond to a minimum of 15% of fire calls per quarter.
· Most importantly… After Humboldt Bay Fire makes an investment in you, we ask that you commit to at least two years of service to Humboldt Bay Fire and you may earn employee preference points towards a professional firefighter career.